1 . What is Faculty Match?
For many years the annual process of Teacher-School recruitment has been time-consuming and expensive. Faculty Match is an App that addresses both issues by providing a simple and effective way of matching schools and teachers around the world.
2 . What are the benefits to Schools of using Faculty Match?
There are several significant benefits to schools:
- By browsing the teacher profiles, schools can quickly filter the teachers that are of interest. This helps to avoid sorting through several undesirable applications, which can be very time consuming.
- Faculty Match allows Schools to search for the Teacher they are looking for rather than the conventional method of waiting for the teacher to find the school. Schools will only be introduced to those teachers with whom there has been a 'Match'. Therefore, both the School and the Teacher are aware that there is an initial interest from both parties.
- Schools are occasionally faced with the unenviable position of having to recruit a teacher at very short notice. Faculty Match is perfect for such situations.
3 . What are the benefits to Teachers of using Faculty Match?
There are several significant benefits to teachers:
- By browsing the school profiles and vacancies, teachers can quickly filter the schools that are of interest. This helps to avoid sifting through several advertisements, which can be very time consuming.
- Faculty Match allows Schools to find the teacher rather than the conventional method of the teacher finding the school. Teachers will only be introduced to those schools with whom there has been a 'Match'. Therefore the teacher knows that the school is already interested before you even send a formal letter of application.
4 . Is there a limit to the number of Schools/Teachers that I can 'Like'?
5 . As a School, is there a limit to the number of vacancies that I can advertise?
6 . Is the Faculty Match App only for the recruitment of Teachers?
Faculty Match can also be used for the recruitment of several positions within a school, not only teachers. This includes Leadership and Management positions as well as short-term 'Supply' teachers.
7 . Is the Faculty Match App used for international recruitment of Teachers?
The Faculty Match App has no boundaries with regards to the location of Schools or Teachers. It can be used on a local, regional or international way.
8 . What happens when a School and Teacher 'Match'?
Before a School and Teacher have liked each other, no personal contact details are shared. Once a 'Match' is made, the contact details of the Teacher and the School are exchanged in the 'Matched' tab.
9 . As a Teacher, who can see my Profile?
Only schools who 'Match' with your requirements are able to view your profile. Teachers are unable to view other teacher profiles.
10 . As a School, who can see our Profile and the positions advertised?
Only those teachers who 'Match' with your vacant positions are able to view your school profile. Schools are unable to view other school profiles.
11 . As a School, how many staff have access to the School information?
Any registered school can nominate the Principal/Headmaster plus four other senior managers to use the App on behalf of the school. The Principal/Headmaster will designate such authority. Faculty Match will make arrangements directly with schools that register on the App.
12 . Is there a cost for using Faculty Match?
The Faculty Match App is currently free to use for both schools and teachers.
13 . As a School, do I have full control over my 'Profile Page'?
Yes. Schools have full control of their own profile page on the App and can add or remove job advertisements as necessary. The information that schools share with teachers can be edited at any time.
14 . As a Teacher, do I have full control over my 'Profile Page'?
Yes. Teachers are in control of their own profile page on the App and can decide on the personal information that schools can see. It is an ideal opportunity for teachers to put themselves in the 'shop window'. The information can be edited at any time. Please note that your surname, contact details (email and phone number) are not revealed to any schools unless there is a 'Match' between both parties. While you can choose not to upload a photo of yourself, it is recommended.
15 . Is the information that I share with Faculty Match safe?
16 . Is the Faculty Match App available on both Apple and Android platforms?
17 . Does Faculty Match welcome feedback on how the App could be even better?
Yes, absolutely. We are always seeking ways to make Faculty Match even better for schools and teachers to use. Please send suggestions through our website www.facultymatch.com
18 . Does Faculty Match have a website?
Faculty Match is predominantly designed to be used as an App "on-the-go" for schools and teachers. However, our website www.facultymatch.com can be used for feedback and comments, and schools can also use the site for updating information.